I reviewed basic concepts of website design for a small Chamber of Commerce networking group.
Here are 14 tips which I recommend for business website design:
- Get your users‘ attention in 3 seconds or less per page
- Make your web design responsive for all screens
- Have white space around and within your design for easier reading and focus
- Use easy to understand action words
- Link to other sites
- Track your site‘s performance
- Break out sections of your copy into bullets
- Explain how you can provide solutions
- Feature your products and services
- Use original professional photography — overviewed stock can degrade your brand
- Make a connection with the user
- Headings should be relevant to your customer‘s searchable items
- Headings are picked up more than content by search engines
- For a coherent theme throughout your website and all of your marketing pieces, use consistency in heading sizes, font choices, color schemes, spacing, design elements, illustration and photography styles
Design is a means toward accomplishing the end goals of serving markets and generating profits. Furthermore, design is an element in social responsibility.
Thomas F. Shute, Former President, RISD and Pratt Institute
Ready to create and implement a strategic website design development plan?
Contact Suzanne at Whale Works Design today for a consultation.
Research for this post done with www.hubspot.com.